Mediterranean Legends Cruise Premier (Summer 2017)
About Athens, Greece
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
- Athens: See the Royal Palace, Agora, Hadrian's Arch & Temple of Zeus.
- Ephesus: Your Local expert will guide you through one of the world's finest archeological sites.
- Mediterranean Legends Cruising: Visit the Greek Islands of Mykonos, Patmos, Crete & Santorini. Call in at the Turkish port of Kusadasi.
AUTHENTIC REGIONAL FLAVOURS
- Cruising: While cruising, enjoy an exquisite variety of Mediterranean dishes as well as flavours, aromas and spices from around the world. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner are served on board daily.
- 1 Welcome Drink (WR), 6 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 3 lunches (L), 3 three-course table d'hôte Dinners or Buffets (D). Your cruise includes a complimentary soft-drinks package (with tea and coffee). Once on-board, your drinks package can be upgraded for an additional cost, to include alcohol if you wish.
- Ephesus: Your Local Expert guides you through the famous archelogical site.
- Athens: Delve into their glorious history with a visit to the Acropolis, still dominating the frantic bustle of modern Athens with its serene presence. Admire the Parthenon, built in 5th century BC to the honour of the goddess Athena, see the Caryatid beauties as well as the smaller Temple of Athena Nike.
STAY AT THE BEST ADDRESSES
- Athens: The Divani Caravel is a luxury hotel situated in the heart of Athens. A member of The Leading Hotels of the World, it epitomises refinement, elegance and exceptional service.
- Cruising: Celestyal Cruise ships operating in the Eastern Mediterranean are typically in a more local style and are smaller than many ocean going vessels – which is also reflected in cabin size. However, these ships are well-suited to the Greek islands, allowing easier access to the ports of call. All mid-size cruise ships feature air-conditioned cabins with private facilities, outdoor pool, fitness centre, beauty salon, casino, bars & restaurants.
You will visit the following 2 places:
Turkey is a huge nation straddling eastern Europe and western Asia with cultural connections to ancient Greek, Persian, Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman empires. It offers a wealth of destination varieties to travellers; there is something for everyone's taste—whether they be travelling on an extreme budget by hitchhiking or by a multi-million yacht!
Greece, also known since ancient times as Hellas, is a country located in southeastern Europe. The country has one of the longest histories of any country, and is considered the cradle of Western civilization, having been the birthplace of democracy, Western philosophy, the Olympic Games, Western literature, historiography, political science, major scientific and mathematical principles, and Western drama, including both tragedy and comedy. Athens, its busy capital, retains ancient landmarks including the 5th-century-B.C.E. Acropolis citadel and Parthenon temple. Greece is also known for its beaches, from the black sands of Santorini to the party resorts of Mykonos. Furthermore it's a geographically appealing place to visit, with a mountainous mainland and idyllic island beaches!